This article only applies for domain names using exchange email with additional pop3 email addresses.
What is the difference between the additional pop3 accounts and the exchange email addresses?
- Your pop3 only account can only store 5 GB worth of messages.
- It does not include a relay server. You need to configure your pop3 only email address with your own SMTP server (i.e. from your ISP)
How do I configure a pop3 only email account?
- The incoming server will be exchange.powermail.be
- The outgoing server is a server of your choice. (Your ISP’s outgoing server or other)
- The account type is pop3.
- The username is the mailbox login, this is usually your complete email address. For example: email@example.com
Step by step
You can click on the link to find the Basic email configuration of most popular mail clients.
To set up your POP3-Exchange account you can follow these steps, with just two important exceptions:
- The incoming server should not be pop3.mailprotect.be but instead: exchange.powermail.be
- The outgoing server should be your ISP’s. Contact your internet service provider for that information.