Register.eu will back up your website and subsites at regular intervals.
Also read: Where can I find my database backups?
IN THIS ARTICLE
How do our website backups work?
If you select a backup, a “mount point” (shortcut) is created so that you can access the backup.
The files are therefore not copied to your hosting itself. That is important because:
- The backup files do not take up extra space on your hosting
- The backup files are read-only.
Those mount points are automatically deleted after 24 hours. So download the files directly to your own computer or move them to another folder in your hosting.
How do you download your website backups?
Follow these steps in the control panel :
- Go to “My products” > “Web hosting” > Click on the button “Manage hosting” to the right of your domain name.
- Choose “Backups” in the menu on the left.
- Here you will find a list with the backups and the date they were created. Choose a backup by clicking on the “Select” button.
- Connect via SSH or FTP to view the backup in the /restored-backups folder.
- To restore the backup, replace the files or folders on your hosting with the corresponding files in the /restored-backups folder.
For example, you can replace the entire “/www” folder with the same folder in the backup.